Update SRAM AXS component firmware using the AXS Mobile App with eTap AXS, Eagle AXS, and Reverb AXS systems.
BEFORE YOU START
HOW TO UPDATE AXS COMPONENT FIRMWARE
1) Open the AXS Mobile App. Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled and that your phone is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
2) Lightly shake your bike or press and release the component’s AXS button to wake them from sleep mode.
Tech Tip | AXS buttons can be found next to the AXS logo on any AXS component.
3) Select [Connect]. Allow the app 5-10 seconds to connect.
Tech Tip | There can only be one primary component per bike system and that component is the AXS rear derailleur. The one exception is that a Reverb AXS seatpost should be the primary component of a system when an AXS rear derailleur is not present. For pairing instruction, see our article: How do I pair my AXS components together?
4) Select a component to enter its Part Menu.
5) Select [New Firmware Available]
If [Firmware is up to date] select the back arrow and proceed to step 13.
6) Select Install
7) Press and release the AXS button on the component to start the update.
NOTICE: Press and release the AXS button once. Do not perform a press and hold on the AXS button as it will open a pairing session. If you have done this, your AXS system may require re-pairing. For pairing instruction, see our article: How do I pair my AXS components together?
8) The orange/amber LED on the component will flash rapidly and the app will display the update progress. Keep the app active and stay within Bluetooth range until the update is completed.
Tech Tip | The estimated time to complete a component firmware update is three minutes, plus or minus 30 seconds.
9) When the update is complete, select the back arrow to exit.
Connection to the AXS Mobile App is reset after a firmware update completes.
10) Lightly shake your bike, or press and release the component’s AXS button to wake them from sleep mode.
11) Select [Connect]. Allow the app 5-10 seconds to connect.
12) Press and release the AXS button on any remaining greyed-out components to connect them to the AXS Mobile App.
Tech Tip | A greyed-out component indicates it is in sleep mode and does not have an active connection to the SRAM AXS Mobile App. This is normal.
13) Select another component in the system to enter its part menu.
14) Select [New Firmware Available] and return to step 6 and repeat this process until all component firmware reports up to date.