No. SRAM EAGLE chains and RED AXS chains have different dimensions and are not cross compatible. The derailleur, Cassette and chain should always “match”. When using an Eagle cassette or RD, use a matching Eagle chain. When using a RED cassette and RD, use a RED chain.
Articles in this section
- How do I size a chain for a 1x SRAM GX Eagle AXS drivetrain?
- What chain lubes do you recommend for new AXS chains?
- Can a SRAM GX Eagle AXS PowerLock be installed and uninstalled repeatedly, or does it need to be replaced with a new PowerLock after being removed one time?
- Are SRAM GX Eagle AXS PowerLocks different from SRAM RED eTap AXS 12-speed PowerLocks?
- How does the new GX Eagle AXS chain lifespan compare to SRAM’s current Eagle XX1 chain?
- Will a new RED AXS road chain work on a SRAM Eagle drivetrain?
- What surface treatment/coating is SRAM using on new GX Eagle AXS chains?