The GX Eagle AXS derailleur uses a Type-3 Roller Bearing Clutch with a proven track record from our current Eagle ecosystem. It is not the same as the RED eTap AXS derailleur Orbit fluid clutch.
Articles in this section
- Are 11-speed RED eTap derailleur batteries compatible with GX Eagle AXS and RED eTap AXS derailleurs?
- What is the max cog size that is compatible with GX Eagle AXS rear derailleurs?
- What type of clutch mechanism does the GX Eagle AXS derailleur use? Is it the same as the new RED eTap AXS derailleur?
- What’s the difference between the roller bearing clutch and overload clutch?
- What is the Overload Clutch?
- Why doesn’t Eagle use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the roller bearing clutch?