Battery levels of all SRAM AXS components are provided to the AXS Mobile App through the primary component. If the battery level of a component is unknown by the primary component at the time of app connection, the battery level will report as “unknown”.
CORRECTING AN UNKNOWN BATTERY LEVEL
1) Shift and/or actuate every component of your AXS group to provide the current battery levels to the primary component.
2) Force quit the AXS Mobile app on your mobile device.
3) Open the AXS Mobile App. Ensure that Bluetooth is enabled and that your phone is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network.
4) Lightly shake your bike or press and release the component’s AXS button to wake them from sleep mode. AXS buttons can be found next to the AXS logo on any AXS component.
NOTICE: The button action required to wake an AXS component is a single Press-and-Release. Do NOT Press-and-Hold the AXS button to wake components. If a component no longer shifts or actuates after pressing the AXS button, complete the AXS System Pairing Process to re-establish function.
5) Select [Connect]. Allow 5-10 seconds for the app to connect.
6) Press and release the AXS button on any remaining greyed-out components to reveal their battery level in the SRAM AXS Mobile App.
NOTICE: If after checking battery level, a component no longer shifts or actuates, the wireless link between components may have been inadvertently disconnected. If you are experiencing this, please complete the AXS System Pairing Process to re-establish function.