Determine your RockShox fork, shock, or Reverb seatpost model year by looking at the item's serial number.
- WW = The Week of the year: 01-52
- X = The factory code where the fork or shock was produced
- Y = The Year within the decade
- ZZZZZZZ = Sequential number (0000001-9999999)
How to determine the date of production from your serial number
Example serial: 49T90000001
- 49XXXXXXXXX – Produced in the 49th week of the year.
- XXTXXXXXXXX – Produced in our Shenkang Taiwan Factory.
- XXX9XXXXXXX – Produced in the 9th year of that decade (2009, 2019, 2029, etc.)
*RockShox serial format after September 3, 2007.
*Serial number location varies from product to product. Component Serial Number Location Guide
You can use the general age of the bicycle it is installed on or other similar factors to determine the product's decade of production.
Still not sure? Submit your service order request with the item's serial and required images, and we will figure it out for you. All requests are reviewed for accuracy before approval. You will not be charged until the service is approved and complete.