The hood shape for the new Force AXS
has changed to a narrower grip. The shift
paddle shape is refined to maintain easy
access to shift locations while removing
the risk of braking into your fingers or into
the handlebar tape. Both new Force AXS
and existing Rival eTap AXS shift-brake
controls are fully compatible with Wireless
Blips for a remote shift option, while RED
also offers two plug-in ports per shifter for
MultiClic or Blip wired remote shift buttons.
The new Force AXS hood shape is similar
to Rival eTap AXS, but while Rival eTap AXS
has an alloy brake lever, the new Force AXS
has a carbon brake lever. Both SRAM RED
and Force crank arms are carbon; RED
has hollow carbon arms and direct mount
chainrings. Force has carbon arms with
direct mount chainrings. Rival has aluminum
arms and spider with bolt on chainrings for
2x, and offer direct mount chainrings for 1x.
With all 12-speed cranksets, we do offer a
power meter option. The new Force AXS
1x cranksets offer a spindle-based power
meter similar to Rival, but with carbon crank
arms. The new Force AXS 2x power meters
are integrated into the chainring, similar to
RED eTap AXS integrated power meters,
but with a black finish. The SRAM RED
and new Force AXS rear derailleurs offer
our Orbit fluid damper system, and Rival
eTap AXS rear derailleurs are equipped
with a spring clutch for chain retention.
Articles in this section
- Can I pair my new Force AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Does the system need to know what size cassette I am using for the appropriate number of compensating rear shifts?
- Is there a shifting mode where I can set up the rear derailleur to make automatic shifts to offset changing gears when shifting the front derailleur?
- If I select the sequential shifting option, can I still command the front derailleur to shift manually if I want it to with my new Force AXS system?
- Can I customize the settings of my new Force AXS drivetrain?
- Can I turn enhanced shifting on or off on new Force AXS without connecting to the AXS app?
- Can I change shifting modes with my new Force AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I set up my new Force AXS shifters to shift the front derailleur automatically for fully sequential-style shift logic?
- With new Force AXS, how many gear selections are available with a 2x drivetrain?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?