Yes. The power meter
on the new Force AXS 2x chainring sets
is fully integrated with the chainrings
for the lowest possible weight and the
highest possible accuracy. However,
these integrated chainrings are made for
extreme longevity to greatly extend the life
of the ring and power meter assembly.
Additionally, regular chain cleaning,
lubrication, and timely replacement when
worn will greatly improve the lifespan of
the chainrings. Replace the chain when
it reaches 0.8% wear using a Pedro’s
Chain Checker Plus, Pedro’s Chain
Checker Plus II, or a Park Tool CC-4 tool to
measure chain wear. Staying on top of this
preventative maintenance will also keep
your drivetrain performing well while saving
you money on replacement chainrings.
Articles in this section
- Can I pair my new Force AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Does the system need to know what size cassette I am using for the appropriate number of compensating rear shifts?
- Is there a shifting mode where I can set up the rear derailleur to make automatic shifts to offset changing gears when shifting the front derailleur?
- If I select the sequential shifting option, can I still command the front derailleur to shift manually if I want it to with my new Force AXS system?
- Can I customize the settings of my new Force AXS drivetrain?
- Can I turn enhanced shifting on or off on new Force AXS without connecting to the AXS app?
- Can I change shifting modes with my new Force AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I set up my new Force AXS shifters to shift the front derailleur automatically for fully sequential-style shift logic?
- With new Force AXS, how many gear selections are available with a 2x drivetrain?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?