Yes and no. The Force AXS 36T Max rear derailleur can be used with a front derailleur for a 2x system and without the use of a front derailleur for a 1x system. The Force XPLR AXS rear derailleur is 1x specific due to the offset upper pulley that improves shifting on the wider range cassettes.
Articles in this section
- Can I pair my new Force AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Does the system need to know what size cassette I am using for the appropriate number of compensating rear shifts?
- Is there a shifting mode where I can set up the rear derailleur to make automatic shifts to offset changing gears when shifting the front derailleur?
- If I select the sequential shifting option, can I still command the front derailleur to shift manually if I want it to with my new Force AXS system?
- Can I customize the settings of my new Force AXS drivetrain?
- Can I turn enhanced shifting on or off on new Force AXS without connecting to the AXS app?
- Can I change shifting modes with my new Force AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I set up my new Force AXS shifters to shift the front derailleur automatically for fully sequential-style shift logic?
- With new Force AXS, how many gear selections are available with a 2x drivetrain?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?