For all road 2x AXS drivetrains, you have two gears up front and 12 in the rear. However, the small chainring/small cog combination is always locked out to avoid chain rasp against the inside of the large chainring. This brings the total gear selections available to 23.
Articles in this section
- Can I pair my new Force AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Does the system need to know what size cassette I am using for the appropriate number of compensating rear shifts?
- Is there a shifting mode where I can set up the rear derailleur to make automatic shifts to offset changing gears when shifting the front derailleur?
- If I select the sequential shifting option, can I still command the front derailleur to shift manually if I want it to with my new Force AXS system?
- Can I customize the settings of my new Force AXS drivetrain?
- Can I turn enhanced shifting on or off on new Force AXS without connecting to the AXS app?
- Can I change shifting modes with my new Force AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I set up my new Force AXS shifters to shift the front derailleur automatically for fully sequential-style shift logic?
- With new Force AXS, how many gear selections are available with a 2x drivetrain?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?