Apex XPLR rear derailleurs are equipped
with a spring clutch for excellent chain
retention. This allows the derailleur to be
easily pulled back by hand to clear the
cassette when the wheel is removed making
rear wheel changes easy while also offering
premium chain retention on bumpy roads.
Articles in this section
- Do I need to do anything different when washing a bike with AXS components?
- Will an Apex Flattop road chain work on a SRAM Eagle drivetrain?
- Can I use a BlipBox with Apex AXS rear derailleurs?
- Can I pair the Apex AXS rear derailleur with a front derailleur to make a super wide 2x drivetrain?
- Are Apex AXS components compatible with other SRAM AXS components, like SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS parts?
- Can I pair my Apex AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Can I customize the settings of my Apex AXS drivetrain?
- Can I change shifting modes with my Apex AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?
- Has the battery life changed or improved?