While AXS components can withstand a
wide range of weather and riding conditions,
each component should be treated the same
way you would treat ball bearing equipped
components such as a hub, headset, or
That is, avoid blasting water directly at the
seals between the derailleur and battery,
derailleur pivot points, or at junction points
between component subassemblies. Always
make sure the red battery block is installed to
keep the electrical contacts dry
Use only soap and water or bike washes,
rinse thoroughly with water and allow the
parts to dry, then lubricate the chain. The
derailleur pivots are fully sealed and do not
require additional lubrication.
Articles in this section
- Do I need to do anything different when washing a bike with AXS components?
- Will an Apex Flattop road chain work on a SRAM Eagle drivetrain?
- Can I use a BlipBox with Apex AXS rear derailleurs?
- Can I pair the Apex AXS rear derailleur with a front derailleur to make a super wide 2x drivetrain?
- Are Apex AXS components compatible with other SRAM AXS components, like SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS parts?
- Can I pair my Apex AXS drivetrain to my Hammerhead head unit?
- Can I customize the settings of my Apex AXS drivetrain?
- Can I change shifting modes with my Apex AXS system without going through the mobile app? For example, can I change shifting modes using my GPS head unit?
- Can I digitally assign different functions to the buttons (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?
- Has the battery life changed or improved?