The hood size is optimized to provide more braking power by increasing finger wrap. Increased finger wrap also makes the rider’s grip more secure when on the hoods. The small hoods are also lighter and accommodate a larger range of rider hand sizes.
Articles in this section
- Can I adjust eTap 2x11 brake lever reach?
- Why are the eTap 2x11 hoods for cable actuated brakes smaller than RED mechanical shifter hoods?
- Are red, white, blue or any other color hoods available for eTap?
- Does the eTap shifter paddle move backward independent of the brake lever?
- If the eTap shifter is fixed to the brake lever that means I can’t pull the shifter back to the bar while I am in the drops and make up-shifts (“sprint shifts”). Do you have a work around for this?
- Do I have to have both hands on the bar to execute a front shift with eTap 2x11?