No. We’ve tested this scenario extensively with no missed shifts. The SRAM RED eTap front derailleur, rear derailleur, and shifters are paired together as a system so there is not interference with other local SRAM RED eTap equipped bikes.
Articles in this section
- Are the front and rear derailleur batteries interchangeable?
- What happens when an eTap® 2x11 battery is low? Will the shifts slow down? Will the shifter work intermittently?
- Will the parts stay “on” when the bike is on my car rack?
- How far can I ride on a fully charged derailleur eTap® 2x11 battery?
- How do I know when to charge the eTap® 2x11 derailleur or replace the shifter batteries?
- What is the warranty on eTap® battery?
- How long do the eTap® 2x11 shifter batteries last?
- Are the eTap® shifter batteries rechargeable?
- How long does it take to remove 2x11 eTap® shifter batteries?
- Do I have to remove the eTap® derailleur batteries to charge them?