The derailleur remains in the gear it was already in when the battery runs out of charge. Batteries are interchangeable between front and rear derailleurs to help get you home if you don’t have a spare battery.
Articles in this section
- Are the front and rear derailleur batteries interchangeable?
- What happens when an eTap® 2x11 battery is low? Will the shifts slow down? Will the shifter work intermittently?
- Will the parts stay “on” when the bike is on my car rack?
- How far can I ride on a fully charged derailleur eTap® 2x11 battery?
- How do I know when to charge the eTap® 2x11 derailleur or replace the shifter batteries?
- What is the warranty on eTap® battery?
- How long do the eTap® 2x11 shifter batteries last?
- Are the eTap® shifter batteries rechargeable?
- How long does it take to remove 2x11 eTap® shifter batteries?
- Do I have to remove the eTap® derailleur batteries to charge them?