Road chain management requirements are different than MTB, so they do not need to use the same mechanism. Our Orbit™ fluid damper is speed sensitive so that cage movement resulting from gear changes do not activate the clutch mechanism, only high speed cage rotations created by bumps pulling down on the chain will. That way the clutch is only used when it is required.
Articles in this section
- Will the Force 36t-max derailleur work without a front derailleur?
- What 2x chainring options are compatible with the Force eTap AXS 36t-max rear derailleur?
- Is there a marking or indication on the rear derailleur to know if it is a 36t-max or 33t-max version?
- What cassettes are compatible with the Force 36t-max rear derailleur?
- Can I use the eTap AXS rear derailleur without the front derailleur to make a 1x drivetrain?
- Is there a different eTap AXS rear derailleur for 2x and 1x drivetrains?
- What is the maximum cassette cog size that is compatible with SRAM eTap AXS rear derailleurs?
- Is there a SRAM eTap AXS rear derailleur compatible with a higher max cog size than 33T?
- Why do SRAM RED and Force eTap AXS rear derailleurs use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the Roller Bearing Clutch used on SRAM’s mountain bike rear derailleurs?