Our proven Type 3 clutch is utilized in this product because of its track record of success and dependability. Road rear derailleurs have a different dynamic than MTB derailleurs and do not require the exact same chain retention specifics.
Articles in this section
- What is the max cog size that is compatible with Eagle AXS™ rear derailleurs?
- What type of clutch mechanism does the Eagle AXS™ derailleur use? Is it the same as the new SRAM RED eTap AXS™ derailleur?
- What’s the difference between the roller bearing clutch and overload clutch?
- Why doesn’t Eagle™ use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the roller bearing clutch?
- What is the Overload Clutch?
- How robust is the Eagle AXS™ derailleur?
- Are 11-speed SRAM RED eTap™ derailleur batteries compatible with Eagle AXS™ and SRAM RED eTap AXS™ derailleurs?