Yes. All SRAM RED and Force eTap AXS derailleurs are designed to be used in both 1x and 2x drivetrain configurations.
Articles in this section
- Will the Force 36t-max derailleur work without a front derailleur?
- What 2x chainring options are compatible with the Force eTap AXS 36t-max rear derailleur?
- Is there a marking or indication on the rear derailleur to know if it is a 36t-max or 33t-max version?
- What cassettes are compatible with the Force 36t-max rear derailleur?
- Can I use the eTap AXS rear derailleur without the front derailleur to make a 1x drivetrain?
- Is there a different eTap AXS rear derailleur for 2x and 1x drivetrains?
- What is the maximum cassette cog size that is compatible with SRAM eTap AXS rear derailleurs?
- Is there a SRAM eTap AXS rear derailleur compatible with a higher max cog size than 33T?
- Why do SRAM RED and Force eTap AXS rear derailleurs use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the Roller Bearing Clutch used on SRAM’s mountain bike rear derailleurs?