The model year 2021 and later Zipp 303 S, 303 Firecrest, and 353 NSW disc-brake wheels, as well as the model year 2022 Zipp 404 Firecrest and 454 NSW wheels, are compatible with tubeless or tubeless-ready tires, unless the tire manufacturer specifically prohibits the use of their products on tubeless hookless (straight side) rims.
Zipp encourages consumers to confirm compatibility with the tire manufacturer before installing other tubeless or tubeless-ready tires on Zipp wheelsets with hookless rims. Tubeless tires may be used with inner tubes.
Zipp hookless rim disc-brake wheels meet the existing industry standards for the dimensions that control tire retention. The tire manufacturer determines if their tires work with those dimensions. Zipp is also actively collaborating with tire manufacturers within ISO committees to develop clear tubeless road international standards.
The following tire brands have communicated to us that their tubeless models are compatible with our tubeless hookless straight side wheels. This is a guide and we still recommend consumers confirm compliance with the tire manufacturer:
- Zipp Tangente Course G40 XPLR gravel tire
- Zipp Tangente Speed RT25 and RT28 (both discontinued)
- Rene Herse
- *353 NSW, 404 Firecrest, and 454 NSW hookless rims are not compatible with 26mm Pirelli TLR tires.
- Specialized: SW Turbo RapidAir in sizes 700x26*, 700x28, and 700x30
- *303 Firecrest and 353 NSW hookless rims are not compatible with the 26mm tire.
Zipp will continue to update this list.
Watch the video to learn more about Zipp's hookless technology: