Yes, you will need a longer chain for the increase in cassette size. See the chain sizing and installation instructions found in the eTap AXS systems manual on the SRAM RED eTap AXS service page here.
Articles in this section
- Are the frame fit specs for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur different than the existing SRAM RED eTap AXS derailleur? Where can I find the frame fit specs?
- If I am changing from a 33T Max derailleur to a 36T Max derailleur and 36T cassette, do I need a longer chain?
- What is the correct chain gap setting for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur?
- Does battery life change with the update to the new derailleur?
- At what levels will the derailleur power indicator lights come on? How many hours of riding can I expect to get on a full derailleur battery charge?