For the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur, the chain gap should be 5mm between the top of the upper pulley teeth and the tallest teeth of the largest cassette cog when using a 10-36T cassette, or a 10-33T cassette. The gap should be 12mm when using a 10-28T cassette. Rotate the B-Adjust screw until the appropriate gap between the upper pulley and the tallest teeth of the largest cog is attained. We also offer a chain gap adjustment gauge that will help set this distance correctly: 11.7518.100.000 – SRAM Rear Derailleur Chain Gap Adjustment Gauge for eTap AXS Cassettes 26-36T. See the eTap AXS Systems Manual for more information here.
Articles in this section
- Are the frame fit specs for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur different than the existing SRAM RED eTap AXS derailleur? Where can I find the frame fit specs?
- If I am changing from a 33T Max derailleur to a 36T Max derailleur and 36T cassette, do I need a longer chain?
- What is the correct chain gap setting for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur?
- Does battery life change with the update to the new derailleur?
- At what levels will the derailleur power indicator lights come on? How many hours of riding can I expect to get on a full derailleur battery charge?