The G3 PowerCap is not rechargeable. The PowerCap uses a standard coin cell CR2032 battery. The USB connection is used for service and for firmware updates only. The PowerCap should not be left connected to the USB port for long periods. Doing so could drain the battery.
Articles in this section
- Where can I find parts drawings for my PowerTap power meter?
- How do I update my G3 hub's firmware?
- Does the G3 have a Rechargeable Battery?
- Will The G3 hub work with a Yellow Cervo CPU?
- What length spokes do I need to build my new PowerTap G3 or GS Straight Pull Hub into my rim?
- Why do I get intermittent data transmission?
- Which phones or tablets work with the BLE PowerCap?
- How can I tell if my hub is 11-speed compatible?
- What are offset values, and what do they mean?
- How do I update my firmware or my dual ANT+/BLE PowerCap?