The measurement between upper pulley teeth and largest cog for a 36T cassette is 11mm. For a 44T largest cog, 7-8mm is the correct distance between the largest cog and upper pulley. The chain gap adjustment for XPLR rear derailleurs is completed with the derailleur shifted inboard to the 2nd largest cog. If you have an XPLR chain gap adjustment gauge, install the gauge onto the upper pulley, with the top half of the gauge behind the largest cog. Rotate the b-adjust screw until the appropriate gap is achieved.
Articles in this section
- What’s the difference between XPLR eTap AXS rear derailleurs, eTap AXS wider gearing derailleurs, and eTap AXS derailleurs?
- Why does the XPLR derailleur only work as a 1x?
- Can I make the XPLR rear derailleur work with a 2x system?
- What battery do XPLR rear derailleurs use?
- How long can I ride before I need to charge my derailleur battery?
- Does the XPLR rear derailleur have chain management?
- Does the Orbit fluid damper or spring clutch need any maintenance or service?
- Can I use an oversize pulley set or aftermarket cage assembly for oversized pulleys on my XPLR rear derailleur?
- What tool is used to set the chain gap for an XPLR rear derailleur?
- What is the chain gap adjustment for the XPLR rear derailleur with a 10-44T cassette?