AXS beta firmware is only available to riders who are registered and approved for the AXS Beta Program. If you are interested in becoming an AXS Beta tester, please submit your registration here.
If you are not a member of the AXS Beta Program and are looking for instruction on installing published AXS firmware, see our article, How do I update firmware on my AXS components with the AXS Mobile App?
BEFORE YOU START
- Be sure you are on the latest version of the SRAM AXS App.
- Be sure all your AXS enabled components are assigned to a bike profile.
- View the beta firmware release notes here. Beta firmware versions will be listed with the beta flag icon under the available models.
HOW TO INSTALL AXS BETA FIRMWARE
1) Open the AXS App. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled, your phone is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network, and you are signed in to your SRAMid account approved for beta testing.
2) Lightly shake your bike or press and release the component's AXS button to wake them from sleep mode.
Tech Tip | AXS buttons can be found next to the AXS logo on any AXS component.
3) Select [Connect]. Allow the app 5-10 seconds to connect.
4) Select a component to enter its Part Menu.
5) Select [Beta Firmware].
6) The Beta Firmware menu includes the beta and public firmware versions. Select [INSTALL] to load the beta firmware version.
7) Press and release the component's AXS button to begin the firmware update. The component's orange/amber LED will flash rapidly, and the app will display the update progress.
8) When the update completes, select [CONTINUE] to exit. Repeat this process to check for and install beta firmware on your remaining components.
HOW TO CHECK WHICH FIRMWARE IS INSTALLED
If you ever need to check which firmware version is installed on a component, it can be viewed in its Part Menu.
1) Select a component to enter its Part Menu.
2) The firmware version installed is listed below the component serial number.
WHY CAN I STILL INSTALL THE FIRMWARE I JUST LOADED?
The option to [INSTALL] a firmware version does not disappear from the Beta Firmware menu once loaded on the component. This is how the app presents the beta and public firmware versions, and it does not reflect which firmware version is installed.