The XD driver body technology provides the following advantages:
- XD allows the use of a 10 tooth cog which creates a significantly larger gear range than an 11 tooth.
- An XD driver body provides better support for the cassette, especially in the large and small cogs. This improves the bearing and axle durability of your hubs. The XD driver body is also lighter than a traditional driver body.
- XD driver bodies eliminate the damage that often occurs with traditional cassettes on aluminum driver bodies, like individual cogs biting into the driver bodies
- XD-compatible cassettes are installed and removed using standard tools and methods.
- The XD driver body allows for the manufacturing of much lighter cassettes, with significantly larger gear ranges than traditional cassettes.
For more information on XD driver body please visit this article.