The measurement between upper pulley teeth and largest cog for a 36T cassette is 11mm. For a 44T largest cog, 7-8mm is the correct distance between the largest cog and upper pulley. The chain gap adjustment for XPLR rear derailleurs is completed with the derailleur shifted inboard to the 2nd largest cog. If you have an XPLR chain gap adjustment gauge, install the gauge onto the upper pulley, with the top half of the gauge behind the largest cog. Rotate the b-adjust screw until the appropriate gap is achieved.
Articles in this section
- Can I reuse the Flattop PowerLock after I have removed it?
- What size and type of tool is required to remove XPLR 1x direct mount chainrings from the crank spider?
- Do I need to install a spacer between the 10-44T cassette and the XDR driver body?
- Does the Orbit fluid damper or spring clutch need any maintenance or service?
- What tool is used to set the chain gap for an XPLR rear derailleur?
- What is the chain gap adjustment for the XPLR rear derailleur with a 10-44T cassette?
- Can I change the way the shifters move the rear derailleur (e.g. move the derailleur outboard with a left shifter click)?