Eagle AXS derailleurs use both our Type-3 roller bearing clutch and Overload Clutch. Type 3 roller bearing clutch is used to control cage movement and chain management. The Overload gearbox clutch protects the derailleur wireless motor in the event of impact.
Articles in this section
- Does SRAM Eagle AXS have smartphone connectivity?
- What are the main benefits and key features of Eagle AXS?
- How robust are the SRAM Eagle AXS derailleurs?
- Are SRAM Eagle AXS waterproof?
- How do I know if my Eagle AXS battery is low? What are the charge levels and how many hours of riding can I expect to get on a full charge?
- How many hours of riding can I get from a fully charged Eagle AXS derailleur battery?
- What is included in the Eagle AXS upgrade kit?
- Why doesn’t Eagle AXS use the new Orbit fluid clutch instead of the roller bearing clutch?
- What is the SRAM Eagle AXS Overload Clutch?
- What’s the difference between the SRAM roller bearing clutch and overload clutch?