The derailleur remains in the gear it was already in when the battery runs out of charge. Batteries are interchangeable between front and rear derailleurs to help get you home if you don’t have a spare battery.
Articles in this section
- What type of batteries do eTap AXS shift-brake levers require?
- How do I charge eTap AXS derailleur batteries?
- How long does it take to charge eTap AXS derailleur batteries?
- How should I store my AXS equipped bike and derailleur batteries during the off-season or when the bike is not in use for 2-3 months or more?
- How far can I ride on a fully charged Rival eTap AXS derailleur battery?
- How long do eTap AXS shifter batteries last?
- How do I know how much battery life is left on my derailleur or shifter battery before I go out for a ride?
- Are SRAM AXS controller (shifter) batteries replaceable?
- Are the front and rear derailleur batteries interchangeable?
- What happens when an eTap® 2x11 battery is low? Will the shifts slow down? Will the shifter work intermittently?