No. Batteries are removed using a tool-free latching mechanism.
Do I need a tool to remove the eTap® derailleur battery?
- How do I charge eTap AXS derailleur batteries?
- Do I have to remove the eTap® derailleur batteries to charge them?
- How do I update firmware using the AXS App?
- How should I store my AXS equipped bike and derailleur batteries during the off-season or when the bike is not in use for 2-3 months or more?
- What happens when an eTap® derailleur battery runs out of charge? Where does the derailleur stop?