No. XD cassettes can be installed with a standard HG-style tool with a 7-8mm spline depth.
Articles in this section
- Will my hub work with your XD driver for the XG 10-42 0r 10-50 cassettes?
- What is XD, and why is it a thing?
- Do SRAM XD cassettes require different installation tools than traditional cassettes?
- Do XD or XDR equipped wheels require special frame rear dropout designs?
- How do I obtain a license to design or manufacture XD or XDR compatible hubs?
- Are XD and XDR open standards?
- What is the difference between XD and XDR driver bodies?
- What are the main benefits of the XD and XDR interfaces?
- Why did SRAM create the XDR driver body interface?
- Why did SRAM create the XD driver body interface?