Generally speaking, Force eTap AXS™ uses less expensive materials and manufacturing processes compared to RED eTap AXS™. Some chainring options, like the 50/37 2x chainring combo, and the 50T 1x Aero chainring, are available only at the RED® level. Internal technologies are the same for both groups, so performance on the bike will be indistinguishable, but Force eTap AXS™ will weigh about 300g more than RED® and MSRP will be about $1000 less.
What are the main differences between RED eTap AXS™ and Force eTap AXS™?
- What is the weight difference between RED eTap AXS™ and Force eTap AXS™?
- Is Rival eTap AXS compatible with SRAM RED or Force eTap AXS parts?
- Can SRAM RED, Force and Rival eTap AXS be fitted to a bike that is currently compatible with 8, 9, 10 or 11-speed groupsets?
- Is there a shifting mode where I can set up the rear derailleur to make automatic shifts to offset changing gears when shifting the front derailleur?
- Can I customize the settings of my drivetrain?