No. However, the rear shifting automatically increases slightly when a front derailleur is not paired into the groupset.
Articles in this section
- How do I size a chain for a SRAM eTap AXS 1x drivetrain?
- Are special chain tools, chain pliers, or chain whips required to work on SRAM eTap AXS™ drivetrains?
- What chain lubes do you recommend for new SRAM RED and Force road chains?
- Can a SRAM RED or Force PowerLock be installed and uninstalled repeatedly, or does it need to be replaced with a new PowerLock after being removed one time?
- What size and type of tool is required to remove SRAM RED and Force 1x chainrings from the crank spider?
- What size and type of tool is required to remove SRAM RED and Force direct mount road chainrings from the crankset?
- How do I trade in my SRAM RED AXS 2x power meter road chainrings when they wear out?
- Where can I find service and maintenance information for my SRAM RED eTap AXS rear derailleur?
- If I am changing from a 33T Max derailleur to a 36T Max derailleur and 36T cassette, do I need a longer chain?
- What is the correct chain gap setting for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur?