For the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur, the chain gap should be 5mm between the top of the upper pulley teeth and the tallest teeth of the largest cassette cog when using a 10-36T cassette, or a 10-33T cassette. The gap should be 12mm when using a 10-28T cassette. Rotate the B-Adjust screw until the appropriate gap between the upper pulley and the tallest teeth of the largest cog is attained. We also offer a chain gap adjustment gauge that will help set this distance correctly: 11.7518.100.000 – SRAM Rear Derailleur Chain Gap Adjustment Gauge for eTap AXS Cassettes 26-36T. See the eTap AXS Systems Manual for more information here.
Articles in this section
- How do I size a chain for a SRAM eTap AXS 1x drivetrain?
- Are special chain tools, chain pliers, or chain whips required to work on SRAM eTap AXS™ drivetrains?
- What chain lubes do you recommend for new SRAM RED and Force road chains?
- Can a SRAM RED or Force PowerLock be installed and uninstalled repeatedly, or does it need to be replaced with a new PowerLock after being removed one time?
- What size and type of tool is required to remove SRAM RED and Force 1x chainrings from the crank spider?
- What size and type of tool is required to remove SRAM RED and Force direct mount road chainrings from the crankset?
- How do I trade in my SRAM RED AXS 2x power meter road chainrings when they wear out?
- Where can I find service and maintenance information for my SRAM RED eTap AXS rear derailleur?
- If I am changing from a 33T Max derailleur to a 36T Max derailleur and 36T cassette, do I need a longer chain?
- What is the correct chain gap setting for the SRAM RED eTap AXS 36T Max rear derailleur?