No, there is not a crash mode. Keep in mind that if for any reason a derailleur battery is damaged or lost in a crash, you can use the battery from your other derailleur.
Articles in this section
- Why are the eTap 2x11 hoods for cable actuated brakes smaller than RED mechanical shifter hoods?
- Are red, white, blue or any other color hoods available for eTap?
- Does the eTap shifter paddle move backward independent of the brake lever?
- If the eTap shifter is fixed to the brake lever that means I can’t pull the shifter back to the bar while I am in the drops and make up-shifts (“sprint shifts”). Do you have a work around for this?
- Do I have to have both hands on the bar to execute a front shift with eTap 2x11?
- Is SRAM RED eTap waterproof?
- Is SRAM RED eTap recommended for a rim brake cyclocross application in muddy conditions?
- What is preventing the eTap Blip ports in the shifter from letting in water or other contaminants when Blips are not in use?
- What if I crash? Is there a crash mode for eTap 2x11 derailleurs?
- Can SRAM RED eTap 2x11 components withstand a rapid temperature change like going from a climate controlled room at 65 degrees F (18C) to outdoors in 0 degree F (-17C) temperatures? What about the other way around, with cold to hot?