The hood size is optimized to provide more braking power by increasing finger wrap. Increased finger wrap also makes the rider’s grip more secure when on the hoods. The small hoods are also lighter and accommodate a larger range of rider hand sizes.
Articles in this section
- Why are the eTap 2x11 hoods for cable actuated brakes smaller than RED mechanical shifter hoods?
- Are red, white, blue or any other color hoods available for eTap?
- Does the eTap shifter paddle move backward independent of the brake lever?
- If the eTap shifter is fixed to the brake lever that means I can’t pull the shifter back to the bar while I am in the drops and make up-shifts (“sprint shifts”). Do you have a work around for this?
- Do I have to have both hands on the bar to execute a front shift with eTap 2x11?
- Is SRAM RED eTap waterproof?
- Is SRAM RED eTap recommended for a rim brake cyclocross application in muddy conditions?
- What is preventing the eTap Blip ports in the shifter from letting in water or other contaminants when Blips are not in use?
- What if I crash? Is there a crash mode for eTap 2x11 derailleurs?
- Can SRAM RED eTap 2x11 components withstand a rapid temperature change like going from a climate controlled room at 65 degrees F (18C) to outdoors in 0 degree F (-17C) temperatures? What about the other way around, with cold to hot?