Follow the steps below to update firmware on AXS power meters, TyreWiz and AirWiz.
Please note: Android and iOS systems are currently on different versions of the AXS App. If using an Android device, please continue with the instructions below. Updated articles for iOS devices will be coming soon.
UNDERSTANDING SENSOR FIRMWARE UPDATES
AXS firmware updates are periodically released for every AXS component to improve general system performance and function. Each AXS component must be individually checked for updates.
UPDATING SENSOR FIRMWARE
1) Open the AXS App. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and has a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
2) Wake the sensor(s) by spinning or rotating them or lightly bouncing your bicycle.
Getting stuck? Install a new coin cell battery if a sensor does not wake from movement. Then, try again.
3) Select Connect to continue.
Getting stuck? If a component does not connect, ensure it's awake and your mobile device's Bluetooth is enabled. Then try again. If this doesn't work, force quit the AXS App and toggle your mobile device Bluetooth off and on. Then, try again.
4) Select the component to enter its part menu.
5) Select New Firmware Available. If the firmware is already up to date, no action is needed. Exit the part menu.
6) Select Install to continue.
7) The firmware update will begin automatically, and the component's LED will blink during installation. Do not exit the firmware update screen or AXS app during installation.
Getting stuck? If the update does not start or progress, return to the Bike Profile page (step 4), and attempt again. If this doesn't work, force quit the AXS App and toggle your mobile device Bluetooth off and on. Then, try again.
8) Select Continue to exit the firmware update menu after installation.
9) Connection to the AXS App is reset following a firmware update. Connect to any remaining sensors and repeat this process to check for updates. Exit the AXS App when finished.
Spider and chainring power meters
DUB PWR spindle power meters
TyreWiz air pressure sensors
AirWiz fork and shock air pressure sensors