Road chain management requirements are different than MTB, so they do not need to use the same mechanism. Our Orbit™ fluid damper is speed sensitive so that cage movement resulting from gear changes do not activate the clutch mechanism, only high speed cage rotations created by bumps pulling down on the chain will. That way the clutch is only used when it is required.
Articles in this section
- Can I use SRAM eTap AXS Wireless Blips to perform Multishift with my rear derailleur?
- Where can I find information about my SRAM Rival AXS Power meter?
- What is the new cassette size for the wider range Force eTap AXS?
- What cassette size ranges do you offer for RED and Force eTap AXS?
- Why do the SRAM Flattop road chains have links that are flat on one side?
- Why does the new SRAM RED and Force chain use larger rollers than SRAM’s 11-speed chains?
- Are SRAM eTap AXS road chains more efficient than a typical 1/8” chain with smaller rollers?
- What surface treatment/coating is SRAM using on new RED chains?
- Why is my SRAM Force eTap AXS drivetrain noisy, especially the cassette?
- Do RED chainrings last as long as SRAM’s 11-speed chainrings, or will they last longer?