No. Using any fluid that is not DOT 4 or DOT 5.1 brake fluid will contaminate your brake system, causing damage to the internal seals and requiring the replacement of the complete brake. Using any fluid other than DOT 4 or 5.1 will void the product warranty.
Articles in this section
- Which is the right brake pad for my SRAM MTB brake?
- How do I shorten my SRAM MTB DOT brakes hose?
- Can I bleed my SRAM brakes without the indicated bleed block?
- Can I use alternative brake fluids in my SRAM DOT hydraulic disc brakes?
- How often should I bleed my SRAM DOT brakes?
- Can I use DOT 5 in my SRAM DOT brakes?
- When should my SRAM brake pads be replaced?
- Can I use other manufacturer's DOT fluid in my SRAM DOT brakes?
- What is the bed-in procedure for SRAM brakes?
- How do I bleed my SRAM DOT brakes?