Alpha and Beta firmware is only available to riders registered and approved for either program. If you are interested in becoming an AXS Beta tester, please submit your registration here. Registration for the AXS Alpha Firmware Program is currently close.
If you are not a member of the AXS Beta or Alpha Program and are looking for instructions to install published AXS firmware, you can see our article, How do I update firmware on my AXS components with the AXS Mobile App?
BEFORE YOU START
- Be sure you are on the latest version of the SRAM AXS App.
- Be sure all your AXS enabled components are assigned to a bike profile.
- View the Alpha and Beta firmware release notes here. Alpha and Beta firmware versions are identified with a yellow icon. Lower case "a" for Alpha, Upper case "B" for Beta.
HOW TO INSTALL BETA FIRMWARE
1) Open the AXS App. Be sure Bluetooth is enabled, your phone is connected to a cellular or Wi-Fi network, and you are signed in to your SRAMid account approved for beta testing.
2) Lightly shake your bike or press and release the component's AXS button to wake it from sleep mode.
Tech Tip | AXS buttons can be found next to the AXS logo on any AXS component.
3) Select [Connect]. Allow the app 5-10 seconds to connect.
4) Select a component to enter its Part Menu.
5) Select [Beta Firmware].
6) The Beta Firmware menu includes the beta and public firmware versions. Select [INSTALL] to load the beta firmware version.
7) Press and release the component's AXS button to begin the firmware update. The component's orange/amber LED will flash rapidly, and the app will display the update progress.
*If the update does not start, see the Notice below.
NOTICE: A single Press-and-Release button action is required to start the firmware update. Do NOT Press-and-Hold the AXS button to start the update. If a component no longer shifts or actuates after pressing the AXS button, complete the AXS System Pairing Process to re-establish function.
8) When the update completes, select [CONTINUE] to exit. You'll need to repeat this process to check for and install beta firmware on your remaining components.
NOTICE: If a component no longer shifts or actuates after updating firmware, the wireless link between components may have been inadvertently disconnected. If you are experiencing this, please complete the AXS System Pairing Process to re-establish function.
CHECKING WHICH FIRMWARE IS INSTALLED
The current firmware version installed on a component is listed in its Part Menu.
1) Select a component to enter its Part Menu.
2) The firmware version installed is listed below the component serial number.
WHY CAN I STILL SEE THE FIRMWARE I JUST INSTALLED?
After installation, the option to [INSTALL] a firmware version does not disappear from the Beta or Alpha Firmware menu. This is how the AXS App allows you to move between the beta, alpha, and public firmware versions at will.
NOTICE: If a component no longer shifts or actuates following a firmware update, the wireless link between components may have been inadvertently disconnected. If you are experiencing this, please complete the AXS System Pairing Process to re-establish function.