Follow the steps below to change SRAM eTap AXS controller button actions.
Please note: Android and iOS systems are currently on different versions of the AXS App. If using an Android device, please continue with the instructions below. Updated articles for iOS devices will be coming soon.
UNDERSTANDING SHIFT-BUTTON ASSIGNMENTS
Each AXS controller button can be assigned to any compatible action according to the components paired into the AXS system.
CUSTOMIZING CONTROLLER SHIFT SETTINGS
1) Open the AXS App. Ensure Bluetooth is enabled on your mobile device and has a cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
2) Wake the system's primary component by lightly bouncing or shaking your bicycle.
Getting stuck? If a primary component does not wake from moving your bike, press its AXS button for two seconds or less. If this doesn't work, place the battery on the AXS charger until full. Then, try again.
3) Select Connect to continue.
Getting stuck? If a component does not connect, ensure it's awake and your mobile device's Bluetooth is enabled. Then try again. If this doesn't work, force quit the AXS App and toggle your mobile device Bluetooth off and back on. Then, try again.
4) Select Configure Controls to continue.
5) Select a controller button to change its assignment. Changes are saved and applied upon selection. Additional Configure Controls information is available in Guide Help. Exit the AXS App when finished.
Tech Tip: If a component no longer shifts or actuates following an AXS App interaction, complete the System Pairing process.